About the Chamber of Commerce of the Republic of Cuba
Associates General Assembly
According to Article no. Act 1091 which created our institution, the General Assembly is the supreme organ of the Chamber of Commerce of the Republic of Cuba, which will be composed of all active members of it and shall meet as often as determined by the Regulation.
At the last Associates General, held on June 19, 2014 at the Palace of Conventions in Havana, chaired by Rodrigo Malmierca, Minister of Foreign Trade and Investment and Orlando Hernandez Guillen, President of the Chamber of Commerce the Republic of Cuba, was analyzed the result of work done in 2013.
On that occasion it was stressed that an important role has been entrusted to us by the State to contribute to the promotion of legislation and sectorial policies for foreign investment recently approved, and the portfolio of investment opportunities to negotiate with businessmen from different countries. Our strategy in this regard is based primarily on the relations of the Chamber with peer institutions, international organizations and business circles, and establishes an effective system of information and consultation meetings to realize face to face and distant consultations of potential investors. We must also work in advising our enterprises on identification and correct preparation of projects to make them attractive to foreign investors.
Orlando Hernández Guillén
Odalys Seijo García
Omar de Jesús Fernández Jiménez
Board of Directors
Celia Labora Rodríguez
Department of International Relations
Miriam Martínez Delgado
Department of Fairs and Exhibitions
Natacha Gumá García
Department of Legal Affairs
Milena Pérez Cepero
Department of Associates
Ramón Ripoll Díaz
Department of Information and Publications
Sandra Hernández de la Torre
Department of Informatics
Fernando Pérez Sánchez
Department of Accounting and Finance
Yamilsy Figueredo Grille
Department of Human Capital and Cadres
Alberto López Rodríguez
Department of Administrative Services
Mario Carbonell Hernández
Delegation of Villa Clara, Cienfuegos and Sancti Spiritus
Eduardo Cueto Ibles
Delegation of Camaguey and Ciego de Avila
Hilda Rosa Santiesteban López
Delegation of Holguin and Las Tunas
Carmen Rodríguez Ávila
Delegation of Santiago de Cuba, Granma and Guantanamo
Chamber Plan 2016
In this plan appear the main activities to be developed by the Chamber of Commerce in 2016
How to join
Membership of the Chamber of Commerce of the Republic of Cuba is voluntary.
The requirements to be associated are:
- Being a Cuban entity.
- Have legal personality and independent patrimony.
- Be a distributor, producer and / or services.
Given the corporate reorganization process in the country leading to the creation of new enterprises, termination or merger of existing companies and changes to Base Enterprise Units (UEB for its acronym in Spanish), the Executive Board of the Chamber of Commerce of the Republic of Cuba adopted by the Agreement No. 587, July 11, 2012, the membership of the Base Enterprise Units, with all rights and obligations that come with being active member in the same, as these forms of business organization have an independence relative economic and manage their own accounts under the guidance of the company or business group to which they belong
Submittals to begin the process of affiliation:
- Letter from the chief executive of the entity to the President of the Chamber, requesting your membership:
Associated companies pay an annual fee, whose amount depends on the annual turnover of the entity.
For more information on membership contact the Department of Associates.
Tel.: (53) 7832 2693, slate 7838 1452 / 7838 1931, ext. 246 y 247
Benefits of Membership to the Chamber of Commerce
Receive publications edits by the Chamber of Commerce for its members for free, namely:
- Calendar of Fairs abroad, with information on all the Fairs where internationally and regionally the Chamber plans to participate at the request of its members, with the prices for packages that include diet for the country, lodging, airfare, cost square meter, etc.
- Magazine Foreign Trade Cuba, official organ of the Chamber of Commerce with current topics related to foreign trade and the events of the Cuban business, legislation, etc. and where the associated enterprises can promote their products or services through advertisements and reports in the section of business contacts, this magazine will reach all associated Cuban enterprises, foreign branches and also distributed abroad.
- Other publications that do not have regular character and also they will receive free.
Promoted on the website of the Chamber of Commerce for free, this is a service that is offered exclusively and free of charge to associates and enabling them to other foreign companies interested to have access to products and services for your organization the site of the Chamber of Commerce is visited by a large number of users weekly since it is a must for every entrepreneur who is interested in exploring business opportunities with Cuba site.
Receive electronic copies of the database Associates to the Chamber, the Public Registry of branches and agents, as well as other records as associates request.
Receive the latest information from commercial international perspective that the Chamber has without cost, on supply and demand for products, commercial interests of foreign companies, market information, country profiles, etc. This information may obtain associate via email or directly in the Bureau of Commercial information that exists for these purposes.
Participate in bilateral meetings with trade missions visiting our country and that the Chamber organized in coordination with other chambers and business development organizations, with priority given to the participation of associates.
Entrepreneurial training and education: The Chamber annually organizes a program of conferences and seminars on issues of corporate governance and foreign trade that are free for its members. For that purpose it considers the training of its associates, imparting to their request specialized seminars where specialists of the Chamber or other entities providing collaboration analyze the topics of interest that have been requested.
Receive information about international events to be held both in Cuba and abroad.
Receive letters and certificates of association to the Chamber to take effect abroad as the associated request and free of charge.
Receive invitations to the International Fair of Havana and some specialized fairs held in the country.
Receive advice on commercial and legal matters by the team of lawyers available to the Chamber, receiving priority attention in this.
Receive discounted rates charged on the Chamber services for participation in fairs and missions held abroad, advertising, between others.
Integrate the Sections to be established, whose main objective is to contribute to the commercial success of the companies that make them up.
Attend the Associates General Assembly which is the government body of the Chamber of Commerce, herein the Chamber must submit a report to its members on the work done during the period, discuss the criteria thereon have its affiliates and future lines of work to follow, among other aspects of interest.
Duties and rights
- Integrate Committees or Working section to be established.
- Participate in events organized by the Chamber of Commerce in response to the profile of each member.
- Participate in international and national fairs and exhibitions organized and convened the Chamber of Commerce according to the associated interest and can use design services and assembly of stands.
- Integrate trade missions abroad organized by the Chamber of Commerce according to the particular characteristics of them and each member's profile.
- Participate in post-graduate courses, conferences, seminars and other training activities to organize and attend meetings, workshops and meetings to be convened, following the profile of each member.
- Receive support from the Chamber of Commerce to establish contacts with chambers of commerce and other foreign entities and obtain letters that serve to facilitate business encounters abroad or when required travel.
- Receive free publications issued by our institution.
- Use the magazine Cuba Foreign Trade to promote their activities, through articles, reports and photographs.
- Use available at the Chamber of Commerce documentation for information on markets and / or other foreign entities.
- Order the issuance of certificates of origin, GSP and other certifications required for foreign trade.
- Get advice on legal matters.
- Receive through the Chamber of Commerce, the benefits of international organizations to which we belong.
- Receive a discount for our services.
- Attend the General Assembly of Associates.
- To offer maximum cooperation to expand trade relations between Cuba and the world and contribute by means available to the development and prestige of the Chamber of Commerce.
- Comply with the resolutions adopted by the General Assembly.
- Attend meetings to which they were cited.
- Hold the offices they hold in the various committees or working groups for which they are elected or appointed.
- Provide the information available that will be requested for the better development of the work of the Chamber of Commerce.
- Pay on time annual fees and other services offered.
- Participate with voice and vote in the General Assembly.
Cienfuegos, Villa Clara-Sancti Spiritus
Delegate: Mario Hernández Carbonell
Venue: Carretera Central no. 101 Banda a Placetas entre Callejón del Gas y Callejón del Porcino, Reparto Sandino, Santa Clara, Villa Clara
Tel.: (53-42) 226701
Ciego de Ávila-Camagüey
Delegate: Eduardo Cueto Ibles
Headquarters: General Gomez did not. 12 e / República and Avellaneda, Camaguey
Tel .: (53-322) 94227/94344
Delegate: Hilda Rosa Santiesteban López
Headquarters: Mártires no. 69 e / Arias y Aguilera, Centro Ciudad, Holguin
Tel .: (53-24) 481788/480267
Granma Santiago de Cuba-Guantánamo
Delegate: Carmen Rodríguez Ávila
Headquarters: Ave. Manduley no. 104 e / 3 and 5, Vista Alegre, Santiago de Cuba CP: 9040
Tel .: (53-22) 641858
Fax: (53-22) 641126
In this section you can access the database structured sections of our service partners and know the composition of Boards of Sections in which they are organized.
The Chamber of Commerce is affiliated to the following organizations:
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- World Trade Center Association (WTCA)
- International Exhibitions Bureau (BIE)
- Association of International Fairs of America (AFIDA)
- Caribbean Association of Industry & Commerce (CAIC)
- Global Standard 1 (GS1)